Friday, October 24, 2008

Chaz's new digs

October 24, 2008: No Chaz yet.  However, as consolation prizes the Carpal tunnel and heartburn are still here.  Sleep seemingly wisened up and has not really been around (at least at night) for many weeks.  Wheee!

So...since I'm just sitting here waiting...I've resorted to taking photos of the crib.

Here is the beautiful crib!  Uncle and Aunt-to-be David and Melissa gave the baby the crib and mattress - and we're excited to start using it!! 

Babyclothes!


These are gifts from the great-grandparents.  The (very dusty) cradle was made for me by my Grandpa Kellerman when I was a baby.  My mom and dad have saved it and I'm very proud our baby will be able to use the cradle as well.  We'll be using this cradle on the main level for baby naps.  And, the white blanket with color strips was made for the baby by John's grandma Lorraine.   



The baby has a 3rd bed...it is the co-sleeper in our bedroom.  Chaz will be spending nights next to us so the initial wakings, feedings and comforting is easier on all of us.  We have also learned that having the baby sleep in the same room as the parents may teach the baby better breathing patterns and regulation possibly preventing SIDS.  So, it seems to be good all around!

Last but not least, here is the view out of Chaz's window. 
In the distance are the mountains - with Meeker and Longs clearly visible.  I think it is the best view from inside the house.  Only the  best for our baby.


No comments: