Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm writing posts. Readers, where'dya go?

So, I've been posting like a madwoman. Especially compared to the first few months of this blog. But...I'm guessing from lack the of traffic, comments from friends, emails from family and paparazzi outside my door that I have an audience of maybe 2. And that would be me checking my own witticisms at work when I'm bored and Courtney. Hi Courtney! Miss you!

So - a coupla comments tonight. Firstly, Baptiste Yoga nearly killed me tonight. I didn't realize I could sweat quite that much. I need to replenish, replenish, replenish. I may not pee for a week.

Secondly, check this: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.11/sixwords.html. Lifting directly from the article "Hemingway once wrote a story in just six words ("For sale: baby shoes, never worn.") and is said to have called it his best work." So Wired asked a bunch of authors to do the same. I am now trying to come up with a story for the title of my goodbye email. (See ya later, I'm outta heeeerrreeee...Woman returns to mountains, less oxygen...Yes, I'd leave regardless, shouldn't you?...Don't love a job, love yourself....)

Thirdly, things going on at work are really...crazy...and just goes to show how little you can trust corporations. I learned this lesson less than a year after I started working as a corporate stevedore when my beloved company laid off most of my friends, and this was less than a month after 9/11. I know I am about to start working for yet another corporation, albeit this one is much smaller. However, my suspicions are confirmed, you can only trust yourself in the corporate world and you should never, ever sacrifice yourself or time with family for a money making machine. The machine doesn't care. Ever.

I'd like to close this on a happy note...with a little shout out to Boxer Rebound. If it wasn't for the wonderful people at Boxer Rebound, we wouldn't have our sweet, handsome boy Tycho.

If you are in Chicagoland, Illinois or southern Wisconsin, and you're considering a dog, or know someone who is considering a dog - please check them out. They will match a dog with your living situation, with your personality, with the personalities of your other pets and possibly with the personalities of the other pets you are considering. They have hearts of gold and are saints to do the work they do. Personally speaking, my life was pretty good before but has become incredibly enriched with my boxer boy.

Just look how HANDSOME he is! (Not to mention goofy, lovable, patient, stubborn, hilarious...just the best!)

Have a great rest of your week. Oh, and Happy Autumn!

2 comments:

courtney said...

oh. there you are! i had almost given up on you. after you started out posting about once every 6 weeks i wasn't checking on you all that often. much more recently. yay! sounds like all is well. thanks for the shout out and link. good luck with lsat studying. pet tycho and ella for me.

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Skip Laggin Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Hastily Find Movies, PC Games, MP3s, Software and Download Them @ Accelerated Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]