Thursday, June 3, 2010

Adventures in raw

Ok - so where I last left off...I was doing a cleanse in preparation for my 32nd Birthday.  It went fine...until I got strep throat.  When I emailed my "coaches" their main advice was to do another cleanse after I was off the antibiotics.  I said "uhm, that's more $$ than I want to spend" and they said "nothing".

So - then I happened onto a cleanse by a woman here in Boulder, Eloise Nelson, and it looked actually pretty good.  I bought the book from her and started the cleanse on Wednesday.  It's a mostly vegan and raw cleanse...which is different for me.  So far - the 3 recipes that I've made out of her book have been really pretty tasty.  Oh, the shakes that I have for breakfast in the morning are...interesting.   The texture is...interesting.  But - they're bearable and they're mostly fresh fruit, spinach and then some Chia seeds and hemp protein powder.  The downside of this cleanse is it was somewhat $$ to get the products - but they will hopefully last the entire cleanse.  The upside is I think this is a nutritional cleanse as well as fiber...and I'm having REAL food and not pellets and chocolate over-processed "what the hell is in this" shakes.

So - I'll let you know the updates.  Otherwise I'm just full of stress and that's awesome.  I seem to have broken the damn on an unhealthy Etsy addiction.  Ohhhh....handmade goods...

No comments: