Monday, May 17, 2010

Cleanse - Days 5, 6, 7

I've made it halfway!  I've completed my first two pre-cleanse days, my two juice days, and now I'm on my third shake day of 5.  I have to make it to Friday - which means two more juice days, but I think I'm doing ok right now.  John compared it this morning to SlimFast...which I guess is somewhat correct in the replacing two meals with a "shake"...hopefully this Isagenix stuff is a bit healthier?

I am happy with results so far.  Sure - I'd like to have dropped 20 lbs the first day - but that's not realistic.  I am happy with the ~6lbs that I've dropped and I hope I get in a few more before this is over.  My energy is ok.  I really wanted to nap all day yesterday - not sure if that's just because I needed sleep or if I was overly tired

Saturday was nice with the return to shakes and food.  I was mostly good at the Farmer's Market - but chef Deb made polenta and seeing as it was gluten-free, I had to have some.  So - I substituted it as my mid-morning "snack" instead of freaking out about eating a DELICIOUS polenta with butter and parmesean, and tasty greens on top of it. Yum.  I had my shakes in the morning and at noon so I could eat dinner with John...which didn't exactly happen due to his construction project.  Ah well - things happen.  I made us a healthier version of Chipotle's burrito bowl - used brown rice, probably less salt and less cheese and sour cream.  It was o.k.  If I were really cooking and not trying to be super healthy - I think I would have kicked in a few more things to make it tastier. 

Sunday was a normal, mostly schedule following day.  I had my meal at lunch - and I made a delicious omlette with applewood smoked chevre, sauteed local spinach (purple and green!), garlic and tomato.  It was deeeeelicious.  The shakes were fine and the snacks were fine. My bloodsugar dropped on Sunday afternoon - but overall it was just fine.

One of the things I've been appreciating from the fast is how it is helping me appreciate the little food that I'm eating right now.  I have a plan to head to Whole Foods for lunch to make a big and healthy salad for myself.  Yum.

So - today, so far:

7:00 - Shake and accelerator capsule, isaflush and water
7:30 - iced passion tea from *$ (no sweeteners - doesn't need it!)
9:30 - 1 Snack & 2 nuts, water

No comments: