Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 3 - the real cleanse begins

So today is my 1st day on the "Cleanse for Life" juice and day without food.  Actually - I have my Isagenix "Snacks" to munch on...redefining "snack" to mean "tablet" or possibly "pellet" and "munch" to mean - savoring an oversized-Necco wafer.  It kind of tastes like Astronaut Ice Cream (of which, I am a big fan).

I have had 2 of the juice doses so far.  I have another at 4.  The juice is...not so great.  But - the "cleanse coach" told me it will start to taste better.

I keep thinking about food and the food I want to have when I'm done with this stinking thing - but I guess that's really counter to what I'm supposed to be thinking about.  I'm supposed to be thinking healthy thoughts - not about how I'd really like to have food...any food.  The soup my co-worker ate today at lunch smelled like the best french onion soup ever...she said it was only ok.

So here is the journal thus far. 
7am - 4 oz juice, fiber supplement, metabolism accelerator, water, tea
8:30 - snack, water (DYING of hunger)
10:00 - snack, water (still dying)
11:30 - 4 oz juice, water (yup, not satisfying)
1:00 - snack, water, metabolism accelerator (hungry hippo am i)
2:30 - snack, water (oh -snack was totally what I needed.  Oh wait)
3:10 - dying of hunger...only 50 minutes until my next 4 oz of juice.  Whoooo.

But - so far I am down about 3 lbs and besides hunger, I don't feel too bad.  And, it's nice knowing that I'm doing something good for my body...flushing out toxins and bringing in the good nutrients.  Good stuff.  Still - I can't wait for next Friday (the last day of my 11 day cleanse...)

No comments: